Yearlist Challenge 2019
The Fylde Yearlist Challenge returns once again for 2019, a light-hearted contest to see who can see or hear the most species of bird within the Fylde recording area in one year. The competition provides some extra motivation to your Fylde birding, an incentive to get out and about around the Fylde exploring those lesser-birded spots in the search for additional species.
- The competition runs from the 1st January 2019 to the 31st December 2019. All species seen or heard within the boundaries of the Fylde recording area can be counted.
- The competition is open to all Fylde Bird Club members. To join the Fylde Bird Club click here.
- All entrants must declare their intention to compete in the Yearlist Challenge and submit their first list by 28th February 2019. Any entries received after this date will not be included in the competition.
- Yearlist totals must be updated at least once every two months. Please email your yearlist updates as regularly as possible - each entrant's list will be displayed on this page. Download the blank 2019 yearlist spreadsheet below.
- To ensure that all entrants have an equally fair chance to see rare and scarce species during the competition, please promtly put news out on the Fylde WhatsApp group, as welll as continuing to send all relevant bird news to Rare Bird Alert: - phone 02070-382820 or Birdguides - 0333 577 2473. Any suppressed birds cannot be included in yearlist totals.
BOU taxonomy will be used during the competition.
All records are subject to review by the Fylde Bird Club's records committee and only records that are considered to be accurate and beyond doubt will be published, in order to maintain the absolute integrity of the Fylde Bird Club's database of records.