Yearlist Challenge 2018
1st = Frank Bird - 175 species
2nd = Jonny Scragg - 166 species
=3rd = Paul Slade - 162 species
=3rd = Ian Walker - 162 species
5th = Ash Baines - 161 species
6th = Paul Ellis - 159 species
7th = Sophie Bagshaw - 154 species
8th = Shaun Ankers - 128 species
9th = Kinta Beaver - 126 species
10th = Peter Rhind - 104 species
11th = Mark Cookson - 99 species
Last updated - 30th July
Comparison League (2018 total/2017 total)
1st = Ian Walker - 92.6% (162/175)
2nd = Ash Baines - 91.5% (161/176)
3rd = Sophie Bagshaw - 89.5% (154/172)
=4th = Paul Ellis - 88.8% (159/179)
=4th = Jonny Scragg - 88.8% (166/187)
6th = Paul Slade - 88.0% (162/184)
7th = Shaun Ankers - 81.5% (128/157)
8th = Peter Rhind - 77.0% (104/135)
The Fylde Yearlist Challenge returns once again for 2018, a light-hearted contest to see who can see or hear the most species of bird within the Fylde recording area in one year. The competition provides some extra motivation to your Fylde birding, an incentive to get out and about around the Fylde exploring those lesser-birded spots in the search for additional species.
- The competition runs from the 1st January 2018 to the 31st December 2018. All species seen or heard within the boundaries of the Fylde recording area can be counted.
- The competition is open to all Fylde Bird Club members. To join the Fylde Bird Club click here.
- All entrants must declare their intention to compete in the Yearlist Challenge and submit their first list by 28th February 2018. Any entries received after this date will not be included in the competition.
- Yearlist totals must be updated at least once every two months. Please email your yearlist updates as regularly as possible - each entrant's list will be displayed on this page. Download the yearlist spreadsheet here.
- To ensure that all entrants have an equally fair chance to see rare and scarce species during the competition, please continue to send all relevant bird news to Rare Bird Alert: - phone 02070-382820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any suppressed birds cannot be included in yearlist totals.
BOU taxonomy will be used during the competition.
All records are subject to review by the Fylde Bird Club's records committee and only records that are considered to be accurate and beyond doubt will be published, in order to maintain the absolute integrity of the Fylde Bird Club's database of records.