Fylde Bird Club is involved in local conservation issues and works closely with local councils to attempt to protect the important habitats of the Fylde. The club funds several conservation projects and members regularly volunteer their time to implement the projects in the field. Some on-going projects and schemes are listed below:-
- Regular work parties at Marton Mere LNR.
- Installation and monitoring of artificial Common Tern nest sites at Preston Dock.
- Nest box construction and erection for a number of species, such as Tree Sparrow, Tawny, Little and Barn Owl.
- Running a number of feeding stations for farmland birds.
- Actively opposing developments that endanger wildlife on the Fylde.
- Contribution to local and national surveys.